Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Professional Development Grant Opportunities

Posted 10-26-2017 12:08 PM
    I'm searching for 2018 professional development grant opportunities that I can apply for so that I can hopefully be able to attend various conferences for museum professionals. In my state, I know there is a grant available to apply for at the Pennsylvania Council for the Arts (PCA), but if anyone knows of any others, I would appreciate the help. Thanks so much.

------------------------------
    Charlene Bidula
    Communications Manager
    The Andy Warhol Museum
    Pittsburgh, PA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Professional Development Grant Opportunities

Posted 10-27-2017 09:01 AM
    You might try checking with the professional organization(s) sponsoring the conference(s) you hope to attend. They might have scholarship funds available through an application process. I know that is the case for the Grant Professionals Association and Association of Fundraising Professionals, and it might be true for other organizations as well.

Robyn Gibboney PhD
    Director of Grants
    Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
    Cincinnati OH

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Professional Development Grant Opportunities

Posted 10-27-2017 10:29 AM
    That was one of the things I was planning on doing. I actually was given a fellowship to AAM back in 2011, so for that particular conference, I can not receive <g class="gr_ gr_138 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="138" data-gr-id="138">anymore</g> fellowships. But there are other conferences I'd love to attend and I plan on looking into if they offer anything. Thanks!

Charlene Bidula
    Communications Manager
    The Andy Warhol Museum
    Pittsburgh, PA