Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Re.Guide Virtual Visits

Posted 10-29-2021 11:59 AM
    Hello all,
    I've been posting a lot recently because we are right in the middle of our Créative Lab startup accelerator

I specifically wanted to provide more information about an innovative startup in the museum tech sector: Re.Guide.

Re.Guide is an innovative French startup revolutionizing the way we visit museums and cultural institutions.  Through their immersive virtual visits, Re.Guide allows visitors  to explore art and history all without leaving their homes.

In a time when cultural institutions and museums are greatly impacted by the current public health situation, Re.Guide provides an interactive alternative. Their timed guided visits are hosted via a simple web app, and their expert guides tailor each tour to best suit the interests of their group. Unlike competitor software, Re.Guide is not simply a video recording; it is an actual live interactive visit. Tours can also be privatized for corporate events and team building, or as alternative to an in-person field trip. Re.Guide is already in use at French museums of note, such as the Grand Palais and the Chateau de Versailles and has received a grant from the Ministry of Culture to continue their development.

As the world starts to reopen, Re.Guide envisions their technology as a way to augment current museum experiences, incite visitors and provide access for communities that are unable to physically interact with museum exhibits. They have currently produced two virtual visits for French museums: the Chateau de Versailles and the Grand Palais in Paris (currently closed to the public until 2025).

They are very interested in exploring partnerships with US museums and would love to meet (virtually) and get your feedback!
    If this is of interest, please send me an email at katrina.perito@businessfrance.fr
    Thanks again!
    Katrina

------------------------------
    Katrina Perito
    Trade Advisor
    NEW YORK NY
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more