Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Introducing Brad Bredehoft

Posted 07-06-2017 02:59 PM
    Hello Museum Junction,
    I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Brad Bredehoft and I am the CEO of Museum Study. I have been working in and with cultural institutions for almost 2 decades.

At Museum Study our mission is to help you build a better cultural institution and be a stronger member of the team that carries out the mission of your institution.

To accomplish this we provide online professional development. We offer courses on a broad range of topics important to running a cultural institution including; Administration, Exhibits & Public Programming, Facilities Management, Collection Management, and Collection Preservation & Care. Our goal is to help you develop policies, procedures and programs to run your institution successfully.

Our courses are instructor led self study. You will work closely with experienced professionals and colleague-classmates, learning practical skills you can put to use in your cultural institution. Museum Study instructors are accomplished experts in their respective fields who have valuable knowledge and experience to share.

I will chime in occasionally when I can help answer a question or have one of my own. If you have any questions about Museum Study feel free to contact me any time.

------------------------------
    Bradford Bredehoft
    CEO
    Museum Study, LLC
    www.MuseumStudy.com
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Introducing Brad Bredehoft

Posted 07-07-2017 09:46 AM
    Hello Brad,
    I notice you don't include visitor studies or program evaluation in your offerings. I suggest you expand your curriculum to include this invaluable resource for cultural institutions. You might consider contacting the Visitor Studies Association for advice and possible instructors. You could also contact AAM's Committee on Audience Research and Evaluation (CARE).

Ellen Giusti
    Independent Consultant
    New York NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Introducing Brad Bredehoft

Posted 07-10-2017 10:59 AM
    Ellen,
    Thank you for the suggestions. We do have one course that touches on the topic, our Evaluating Interpretive Exhibits course. I have recently been in touch with the Visitor Studies Association and we are definitely looking to add courses in that area. We have a number of new instructors joining us to lead new courses and are always looking for more.

Bradford Bredehoft
    CEO
    Museum Study - Museum Study, LLC

• 4.  RE: Introducing Brad Bredehoft

Posted 07-08-2017 11:53 AM
    I recently took their class in project management. I found it to be very helpful, and allowed us to work on projects we were already managing and walked us through various stages of planning and management!

Christine Hoffman
    Museum Director
    Chappell Hill Historical Society
    Chappell Hill TX

• 5.  RE: Introducing Brad Bredehoft

Posted 07-10-2017 11:02 AM
    Hi Christine,
    Thank you for the comment. The course Christine took was Project Management for History Professionals which we host for the American Association for State and Local History. While History is in the course title the project management taught can be applied in any setting.

Bradford Bredehoft
    CEO
    Museum Study - Museum Study, LLC