Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Session co-presenters

Posted 08-08-2017 05:19 PM

Hello Colleagues:

I am interested in putting together or joining forces for session proposals for next year's conference. I am interested in presenting on the following topics:

Teen Work force programs and how they work toward greater diversity and equity in our communities and field

Strategic planning for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access

Autism Spectrum Disorder and Sensory Processing Challenges: Field survey and toolkit of resources. Best practices, assessments and best practice in serving the ASD community and enhancing universal design in programs, staffing and training, and tools in resources in museums.

Please let me know if you are interested or working in any of these areas and would like to put a session proposal together. Deadline is coming up!

Thank you

Sandra

Sandra Bonnici

Associate Director of Education
    Madison Children's Museum
    100 N. Hamilton Street
    Madison, WI 53703
    Direct Line: 608.354.0542
    Main line: 608.256.6445 x542
    Fax: 608.268.1398

MadisonChildrensMuseum.org

logo4cvert
    At Madison Children's Museum our mission  is to connect children with their families,their communities, and the world beyond through discovery learning and creative play.

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Session co-presenters

Posted 08-09-2017 03:12 PM
    Sandra,

I would be interested in presenting on the teen workforce topic and/or strategic planning for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access. Please let me know if you'd like to set up a conversation soon. 

Best wishes,

------------------------------
    Demetri Broxton
    Director of Education
    Museum of the African Diaspora
    San Francisco CA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Session co-presenters

Posted 08-10-2017 09:41 AM
    Hi Sandra and Demetri:
    I would also be interested in a presentation about teen workforce at museums.  Please let me know when a good time would be to set up a phone call or start an email discussion.

Best,
    Maria 
    miafelice@toledomuseum.org

Maria Iafelice
    Program Manager
    Toledo Museum of Art
    Toledo OH

• 4.  RE: Session co-presenters

Posted 08-14-2017 01:46 PM
    Hi Sandra,
    Pacific Science Center runs several teen programs that fit well within workforce development, specifically Discovery Corps (https://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/discovery-corps/) and our Lake Washington Watershed Internship Program (https://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/lake-washington-watershed-internship/). I would be happy to discuss these with you and see if they are a good fit with your vision for the session.

best,
    Keni

Keni Sturgeon
    VP, Science Engagement & Outreach
    Pacific Science Center
    Seattle WA