Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Point of Sale Systems!

Posted 06-19-2019 04:30 PM
    Hello ! We are looking for alternative Point of Sale Systems that integrate well with the CRM database, DonorPerfect.

We need this system mainly for admissions, program registrations, gift shop sales and we need it to have the capability to track visitor zip codes and report back on attendance for our grant reports. We are a small-ish, but growing museum with 25,000-40,000 visitors a year. We have used Square in the past, but it was not the best solution for our accountants.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

------------------------------
    Angela Scannella Moore
    Development Systems Manager
    Biggs Museum of American Art
    Dover DE
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Point of Sale Systems!

Posted 06-20-2019 12:12 PM
    Hi Angela,
    We previously used DonorPerfect and explored Agile Ticketing - we ended up migrating off DonorPerfect entirely but I was pleased with the Agile customer service team, and probably would have gone with it had we not changed CRMs entirely. It may appear more tailored for performing arts organizations on the surface, but I remember them demo-ing most of the features you mention. The one thing I'd be concerned about is gift shop sales. We didn't get that far in discussions so I don't know how robust Agile is in terms of multi-site inventory tracking (including warehouse) or scanners for example.
    Best,
    Robin

Robin Mygatt
    Database Administrator
    The Contemporary Austin
    Austin TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Point of Sale Systems!

Posted 06-21-2019 08:37 AM
    Hi Angela,

Our small museum is looking for the same thing. We use CharityProud as our CRM and need to migrate away from Quick Books and on to a system that will integrate with CP and handle Gift Shop sales, memberships, etc. I'm interested in hearing what other museums use and what you decide to go with. Keep me posted!

Mary Delaney
    Marketing Director
    Museum of Russian Icons
    Clinton MA

• 4.  RE: Point of Sale Systems!

Posted 06-24-2019 05:57 PM
    This past year our Museum has gone through (and evaluated) a variety of POS systems for our Store & Cafe as part of a larger CRM transition.  The caution from this experience I offer is that there is no Unicorn out there that will seamlessly integrate your CRM, Admissions, and POS that will be robust enough to manage all of those functions. We use Altru to manage our Admissions, Members, Donations, Groups, Events, & Programming. We use Clover POS for our Store & Cafe and we've been pleased with the results. Having a POS system designed to manage inventory, sales, and smooth customer transactions was important enough for us to go this route rather than trying to force an integrated solution that wasn't designed to do the job we needed to solve.  Good luck in whichever direction you choose to go!

Abigail Curran MBA
    Chief Operating Officer
    Natural History Museum of Utah - University of Utah
    acurran@nhmu.utah.edu

• 5.  RE: Point of Sale Systems!

Posted 06-25-2019 05:50 AM
    Check out Spektrix to see if they integrate with DP.  At my last position (professional, nonprofit theater) we researched for about a year before going with them. Super satisfied.
    See a review here: Spektrix Reviews and Pricing - 2019
    Capterra remove preview
    Spektrix Reviews and Pricing - 2019
    Find out what users are saying about Spektrix. Read user Spektrix reviews, pricing information and what features it offers.
    View this on Capterra >

Anne Lehmer
    Development Officer

• 6.  RE: Point of Sale Systems!

Posted 06-25-2019 10:55 AM

Thank you, Anne! I appreciate your suggestion!

Regards,

Angela

Angela Scannella Moore

Development Systems Manager

The Biggs Museum of American Art

302-674-2111 x 110

www.biggsmuseum.org

Logo