Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Marketing budget as percentage of total

Posted 10-31-2017 02:49 PM
    Hi, I'm looking for help with some informal benchmarking. Can anyone point me to resources, or simply share some general figures, of what percentage of your museum's total budget is devoted to marketing? General is fine, more specifics (i.e., the % of a particular exhibition budget earmarked for marketing, or the % dedicated to paid advertising) would be great. I'm just looking for some very ballpark figures.

Many thanks!

------------------------------
    Ann Wiens
    Director of Marketing and Communications
    Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive - University of California
    Berkeley CA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Marketing budget as percentage of total

Posted 11-01-2017 12:23 PM
    I have been researching how to calculate marketing budgets for quite a while.  Earlier this year, I saw this article on one of my favorite blogs.  I highly recommend following this blog.  This article has changed the tone of many of my budgetary conversations. 

How Much Money Should Your Cultural Nonprofit Invest in Getting People in The Door? (DATA) - Colleen Dilenschneider
    Colleen Dilenschneider remove preview
    How Much Money Should Your Cultural Nonprofit Invest in Getting People in The Door? (DATA) - Colleen Dilenschneider
    Here''s how much money museums and cultural organizations should be spending to get people in the door, according to data. I've written about optimal audience acquisition costs, and making this information accessible and shareable via video is the basis for thisRead More ›
    View this on Colleen Dilenschneider >

Karol Stewart
    Coordinator of Community Services (Marketing, Public Relations, Membership)
    Art Museum of South Texas - Affiliated with Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
    Corpus Christi TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more