Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Pieces and Parts

Posted 12-21-2018 11:36 AM

Our audio history museum is essentially a transfer of a corporate museum to our 501c3.  As such it includes the building, artifacts, archives, and library.  I have been accessioning the major/significant artifacts fairly easily.  However, in the bowels of this building are stashes of materials that can only be described as junk to most.  To me they are a gold mine of parts and pieces that will be invaluable in future restorations of "displayable artifacts".  Items include vacuum tubes, electrical components, logos, wiring, "nuts and bolts", "components of components", etc.  There are several dozen boxes of this "junk" that individually would be more than 1000 individual items.  How granular do I need to be? 

Jim Hunter, Curator

Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc.

www.klipschmuseum.org

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Pieces and Parts

Posted 01-03-2019 10:07 AM
      |   view attached

Greetings,

I recently submitted the following post for the AAM blog.  It appears to have been up only for a couple of days (see attachment).  About a year ago I also posted a question that only briefly appeared.  Is there a time limit for eliciting a response that results in deletion?  Are there "rules for posting" that I have missed?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Hunter, Curator KHMA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more