Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Seeking Examples of Program Planning Checklists

Posted 11-08-2018 09:40 AM
    Hi everyone,

We're working on our event and program planning process, and would love to draw from some examples that work at other institutions. If you have a checklist or process document you'd be willing to share, we'd appreciate it! Also, if you've used an interactive form for this and have any lessons learned to share, we are all ears. 

We understand there will be a lot of internal jargon and things that might not make sense, but the general models will still be useful to us. Thank you for sharing!

------------------------------
    Michelle Moon, Chief Program Officer
    Tenement Museum
    New York NY
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Seeking Examples of Program Planning Checklists

Posted 11-09-2018 09:35 AM
      |   view attached
    I'm really interested to see what everyone else uses. I've been wanting to create one of these for our institution as well. I've attached the siple checklist I use for events.

Margaret McClain
    Visitor Experience Coordinator
    Wisconsin Historical Museum
    Madison WI

Attachment(s)

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Seeking Examples of Program Planning Checklists

Posted 11-13-2018 09:48 AM
      |   view attached
    ​Hi All,
    With more and more events added to our roster of public and private programming, we created the attached fillable PDF to provide further advance notice of events and to create consistency with how requests were being communicated from programming staff to event support staff. This has helped quite a bit. Additionally, the event support team meets the day before the programming team to review completed upcoming events tools. There are two overlapping members that relay any shortcomings in our event planning communication. Of course, person-to-person office pop-ins still occur, but this has helped with our overall museum planning and communication.

Jill Featherstone
    Director of Education
    Des Moines Art Center

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Seeking Examples of Program Planning Checklists

Posted 11-14-2018 08:06 AM
    There is a Program Planning Checklist in Appendix B of 101 Museum Programs Under $100 by Lauren Hunley.

Charles Harmon
    Executive Editor
    Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group
    Lanham MD