Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Food service

Posted 03-20-2019 08:47 PM
    Do any museums who experience around 100,000 visitors a year offer on-site food service? If so, would you be willing connect on how you approach?

Kelley Szany
    Vice President of Education and Exhibitions
    Illinois Holocaust Museum
    Sent from my iPhone
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Food service

Posted 03-21-2019 11:15 AM
    We do - happy to talk offline about our experiences if you'd like!

Sandra

------------------------------
    Sandra Smith
    Vice President, Engagement & Enterprise
    Senator John Heinz History Center
    Pittsburgh PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Food service

Posted 03-21-2019 11:56 AM
    ​Hi Kelley,

One of my principals at the time worked with your Museum when it first opened with food service related consulting. That principal works with me today and maybe we can provide some historical information if you do not have it that would be helpful.

And, to answer your specific posted question, I would be most happy to have a call with you and share examples of 100k attendance museums I know that meet the criteria you are seeking. No cost or obligation, happy to do to help you.

Lastly, I have two books available through Amazon, the only reference work books in publication about food service, dining and more that may provide some insight. I have put the link below but you can also just type my name and 'books' inn the Amazon search and it will take you right to it. Some of the case studies in these books might be helpful too.

If you would like to talk, please email me and we can set mutually convenient day and time.

Best regards,
    Art

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=book+by+manask&ref=nb_sb_noss

Art Manask
    Principal
    Art Manask Consulting, Inc.
    artmanask@gmail.com
    818 358-3588

• 4.  RE: Food service

Posted 03-22-2019 03:35 PM
    My name is Melissa and I work at COSI in Columbus, Ohio. We see over 600,000 guests year not including special programming, events, etc. If you would like I can connect you with our food service team. We partner with SSA. Please let me know. :)

Melissa Sarver
    Call Center Manager
    COSI
    Columbus OH

• 5.  RE: Food service

Posted 03-26-2019 10:46 AM
    Kelley
    MY firm is a food service consultancy that has worked with more than 100 museums nationwide. There are a wide variety of models and options when it comes to food service. Considerations are varied and they include visitation, location, length of stay, rental event program, onsite kitchen facilities, and more. Happy to schedule a quick call to give you some "food for thought"

Tracy Lawler

Tracy Lawler
    President
    JGL Food Service Consultants
    Princeton NJ
    Tracy@jglconsultants.com