Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Georges Artemoff

Posted 12-23-2017 05:19 AM
    Hello AAM,

First of all sorry for my bad ''english'',

I am the french director of a museum, in Lavaur (south-west France, near Toulouse) and I am preaparing the complete catalog (Privat editor, Toulouse) of an important art-déco artist , the sculptor and painter Georges Artemoff (1892-1965), a russian arrived in France in 1913, who died at Revel, France, in 1965 (near Lavaur).
    Artemoff have sculpt many bas-relief and ronde-bosse wood sculptures in the 20's and 30's, and a lot of them for the US market. We only know today an hundred of Artemoff' scultures. Do you know something about him, his presence in US museums, exhibitions, gallery, collectors ? do you have any contacts who could help me ?

Thank you for helping me,

kind regards,

Paul Ruffié
    conservateur en chef
    Musée de Lavaur
    p.ruffie@ville-lavaur.fr
    ruffiepaul@gmail.com
    0033 0607515670

------------------------------
    Paul Ruffié
    Conservateur en Chef
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Georges Artemoff

Posted 12-26-2017 11:35 AM
    Bonjour!

The Wolfsonian Institution in Miami has much Art Deco material.  One of my colleagues recommends addressing Frank Luca for inquiries.  Have you tried The Metropolitan Museum and the Museum of Modern Art in NYC?  Their collections, records and libraries are so extensive, they must have something on this artist.  .

Bonne chance!
    Chipi Morales

Chipi Morales
    Perez Art Museum Miami
    Miami FL

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more