Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone going to ICOM Kyoto 2019?

Posted 07-16-2019 10:38 AM

We're about 6 weeks away from the Kyoto 2019 and I was curious if anyone else was going with the American contingent?  I wasn't able to make it to AAM this year so missed out on that social hour or whatever for those going over.

Traveling solo, but would be nice to meet up with some folks while there.

------------------------------
    Kenny Libben , Curator
    Cleo Redd Fisher Museum - Mohican Historical Society
    Loudonville OH
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Anyone going to ICOM Kyoto 2019?

Posted 07-23-2019 12:24 PM
    I will be there! I used to live in Japan a few years back and I'm thrilled to be returning for this conference. I'll also be traveling solo and would love to meet people there. I'll be attending the ICOM-US events.

I know AAM President Laura Lott will be there, too - I don't know of anyone else going though, so I hope some more folks will respond to this thread!

Meredith Peruzzi
    National Deaf Life Museum
    Washington DC

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Anyone going to ICOM Kyoto 2019?

Posted 07-23-2019 02:06 PM

Hi Meredith, great to hear you're going!  

I'll probably be at any of the ICOM-US events as well, at least all public ones.  I wonder how many US members usually go to ICOM? 

I've also signed up for the Kameoka City excursion, sounds like a fun one!

Feel free to look me up when you get there, my info will be in the attendee list (the listed US phone number will only work with whatsapp though), I'd love to meet up and maybe grab a drink or two!

Kenny Libben , Curator
    Cleo Redd Fisher Museum - Mohican Historical Society
    Loudonville OH

• 4.  RE: Anyone going to ICOM Kyoto 2019?

Posted 07-24-2019 06:02 AM
    The ICOM-US events are definitely the way to meet other people from the US in Kyoto. And they are usually great events - see you there!

Sally Yerkovich PhD
    Director of Educational Exchange & Special Projects
    The American-Scandinavian Foundation
    New York, NY

• 5.  RE: Anyone going to ICOM Kyoto 2019?

Posted 07-25-2019 05:30 PM
    I'm going, and will be happy to connect up there; I'm also traveling solo.  I'm a member of ICOM's Costume Committee so I'll be attending the papers and field trips they've organized but also plan to attend the general ICOM plenary sessions and receptions.

Melissa Leventon
    Principal
    [Curatrix Group]
    San Francisco CA