Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Appraiser Near Media, PA

Posted 12-02-2020 10:40 AM
    Hi all,
    I hope this is appropriate for this forum- I am looking to connect an appraiser in the Media, PA area (about a half hour west of Philly) with a friend of mine who is trying to get some objects identified and appraised. Anybody like an estate appraiser you all could recommend or have worked with before to lend their expertise would be great- from what I have heard, it looks like some of the usual items like paintings, smaller furnishings, glassware that my friend needs help with.

Thanks in advance, everybody!
    - Joe

------------------------------
    Joseph Sherren
    Collections Manager
    Laurel MD
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Appraiser Near Media, PA

Posted 12-03-2020 06:59 AM
    Freeman's in Philadelphia has been doing appraisals since 1805.  Sotheby's and Christies still have offices in the area.  We don't run into painting or furnishing appraisal requests very often.

Chrisso Boulis
    Registrar Records
    Penn Museum.

Chrisso Boulis
    Registrar, Records
    Penn Museum - University of Pennsylvania
    Philadelphia PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Appraiser Near Media, PA

Posted 12-03-2020 07:04 AM
    Have you gone to the Appraisers Association of America?  If you don't have an experienced-based reference from a colleague institution nearby, I'd go to them first.

Vivian F. Zoë, Director
    Slater Memorial Museum
    108 Crescent Street, Norwich CT 06360
    860-425-5560 vox
    860-885-0379 fax

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work," Chuck Close, 2003

Please note:  The information contained in this email and any attachments hereto is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients.  If the reader/recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this email and all attachments hereto in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and destroy the original message received.  Thank You.

• 4.  RE: Appraiser Near Media, PA

Posted 12-03-2020 08:49 AM
    Hi Joe, 
    I suggest checking with the Appraisers Association of America.   Here is link to "find an appraiser" on the website: Appraisers Association of America | Member Search
    Appraisersassociation remove preview
    Appraisers Association of America | Member Search
    For best results in finding an appraiser, start with "Option 1: Quick Search" to search within 100 miles of your City or Zipcode. We recommend that if there isn't an appraiser with the specific specialization within 100 miles, you call another appraiser in your area for a loca l referral.
    View this on Appraisersassociation >

Hope Davis
    Great Barrington MA

• 5.  RE: Appraiser Near Media, PA

Posted 12-03-2020 12:22 PM
    Hi Joe,
    You can also check with the Appraiser's Society of America (ASA), who also have a "Find an Appraiser" search on their website. https://www.appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser.

Melissa Leventon
    Principal
    Curatrix Group
    San Francisco CA
    melissa@curatrix.net

• 6.  RE: Appraiser Near Media, PA

Posted 12-04-2020 08:05 AM
    https://www.valiagarzonartservices.com

Roni Mocan
    Designer
    Bronx NY

• 7.  RE: Appraiser Near Media, PA

Posted 12-04-2020 05:41 PM
    Hello, Joe! My clients have used Pall Mall Art Advisors in Conshohocken, PA for painting appraisals, and this company also appraises other tangible assets. I recommend you contact Kate Molets, Vice President of Appraisal Services, kmolets@pallmallartadvisors.com, +1.267.401.0251 mobile.  The company website is here https://pallmallartadvisors.com/

Heather Cocozza, PMP, CPO
    Organizing & Productivity Consultant
    Cocozza Organizing + Design, LLC
    CocozzaOrgDesign.com
    A boutique consulting company

hcocozza@CocozzaOrgDesign.com
    703-253-9447

Interviewed and quoted in new book Clutter: An Untidy History (September 2020) by Jennifer Howard

National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) - National Board of Directors - Member Director

Heather Cocozza
    Organizing & Productivity Consultant
    Arlington VA