Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hazard Pay

Posted 05-26-2020 09:25 AM
    Good morning,
    I am curious if anyone has had staff request hazard pay for coming into the building during your closure or if you have created a policy around hazard pay?
    Thanks!
    Kara

Kara V. Leinfelder 

Managing and Creative Director

NC Museum of History Associates

5 E. Edenton Street | Raleigh, NC 27601

kleinfelder@ncmoha.com

o: 919.814.7051 | c:  919.274.6019

culture. community. connection.

Please enjoy History at Home while we remain closed to the public. Your membership supports important programs and resources like those found on the History at Home page. We hope you will stay with us as we navigate the next few months. Click here to renew your membership today!

#StayStrongNC

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Hazard Pay

Posted 05-27-2020 09:44 AM
    At least among the interpretive staff, there has been no discussion of hazard pay. We are not requiring the interpreters to come in while the museum is closed - the staff who are caring for the livestock, crops, and gardens have all volunteered to do so rather than working those hours from home. In the department's administrative offices, we've worked out rotations so that we can ensure that only one supervisor is in the office at a time; I come in to handle paperwork like the timesheets because I don't have access to decent internet at the house.
    Jay

------------------------------
    Jay Templin
    Historic Site Supervisor
    The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more