Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Online museum studies certification

Posted 11-29-2016 11:11 PM
    Hello,
    I was wondering about people's experiences with online museum studies certificate programs.

Since I already have a BFA in Art Education and a Masters Degree in Art Therapy, I am not looking for a degree program, but I am interested in further education and professional development. I also need something that will fit into my full time work schedule.

Which programs have you experienced? Are they high quality, and worth the investment?

Thanks,

Rachel
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Online museum studies certification

Posted 11-30-2016 09:20 AM

The Visitor Studies Association does online and onsite workshops in audience research and evaluation. If you are interested in this field, you should try to attend our annual conference in July,where you will find many offerings and meet the "stars" in this area of museum studies. Check out the VSA website to learn about online and other workshop opportunities.

------------------------------
    Ellen Giusti
    Independent Consultant
    New York NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Online museum studies certification

Posted 12-01-2016 10:47 AM

Check out museumclasses.org.  I am an instructor for them-Museum Administration-offered twice a year.  Many other classes!  Sue Near

------------------------------
    Susan Near
    Development & Marketing Officer
    Montana Historical Society
    Helena MT