Open Forum

View Only

Participatory experience for young people!

• 1.  Participatory experience for young people!

Posted 11-07-2016 03:21 PM

Hello Community!

I have a project proposal for a participatory experience for young people and I am looking for a forward-looking museum which would be interested in collaborating with me.

In these turbulent times in which radicalization and extremism are leading to ever pronounced intolerance and xenophobia, which in turn are challenging globalization and liberalism, human beings are buffeted by radically opposing ideas and ideologies and fast losing their connection to each other. The need for intercultural connection and communication has never been greater.

My project proposal aims to provide an outlet for expression and inspire a sense of engagement and responsibility by empowering young people to think, to participate and to make their voices heard, in the museum and in the community beyond the museum.

In this project my goal is to create an experience which breaks new ground in terms of “participation” through output and outcomes which have a social impact that transcends the experience itself. I believe that this could at once extend the current concept of participation, have a profound effect on the visitor’s psyche, continue to transform the museum-going process and refresh its relevance for the younger generation.
    Please contact me if your museum is interested in collaborating with me!

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Sally Osborne
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more