Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  CMS Survey for Graduate Research

Posted 10-19-2016 03:46 PM

Hello all,

I am a graduate student in my final semester of the arts management MA program at George Mason University. For my capstone project (the culmination of the program), I am researching museum collections management software trends, failures, opportunities, and impacts.

Goals for this research include identifying the most egregious problems with current CMS products and determining what features the museum community would like to see in a new software product. This is where you all come in! I would be most appreciative if you could take the survey below - consider it your chance to vent without judgement!

On a more serious note, feedback from this survey will be used to form the foundation of my paper and build a vision of a future CMS product. Please also feel free to forward it to others you may know who work in museum collections management. Many thanks in advance for your time and attention to this. 
    With warm regards,
    Allison Keilman
    MA, Arts Management
    George Mason University
    (814) 341-4695 | akeilma2@gmu.edu
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: CMS Survey for Graduate Research

Posted 10-20-2016 03:07 PM

Hi Allison,

This looks like an interesting project, and I could potentially share it round the New Zealand museum/gallery community. First I have a couple of questions.

1. The information and conclusions from this work could be very useful for commercial CMS providers as well as museum professionals. What are your plans for making it public, and/or sharing with others?

2. What are your timeframes for cutting of the survey and completing the report?

Thank you,
    Phillipa

------------------------------
    Phillipa Tocker
    Executive Director
    Museum Aotearoa
    Wellington

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: CMS Survey for Graduate Research

Posted 10-28-2016 10:22 AM

Hi everyone,

First of all I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has taken my CMS survey. I really appreciate the time you’ve taken to give such thoughtful and detailed answers. Second, I have received a number of inquiries about how/when I will be releasing the results of the survey. While I cannot release anything until my capstone paper is filed with the university, I will certainly be making the results public in some fashion after graduation. Stay tuned in early 2017! 

Finally, if you have not taken the survey yet and would like to, please do so soon – I will be closing the survey on Tuesday, November 1st at 11:59 PM. 

Thanks again!
    Allison Keilman
    MA, Arts Management 
    George Mason University

(814) 341-4695 | akeilma2@gmu.edu