Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Unique and Interesting Programming?

Posted 10-12-2016 04:05 PM

What types of uniquely innovative programming is your organization doing right now/launching soon? How are your organizations pushing boundaries and taking risks when it comes to engaging audiences of different ethnic backgrounds, ages, socio-economic status, etc? I once believed strongly in 'best practices' when it comes to engagement, but I realized that there is not a 'one size fits all' model since our organizations are evolving, visitors are becoming more diverse and ultimately our society is changing.

Thanks

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Unique and Interesting Programming?

Posted 10-13-2016 09:44 AM
    I recommend checking out the Assocation of Art Museum Directors' "Next Practices in Diversity and Inclusion" publication

Featured in the document is a Cool Culture program which partners with community organizations to develop a corps of diverse, multi-lingual Family Leaders that serve as ambassadors for museum-going in their communities, and provide valuable feedback to museums.

--

Barbara Palley
    Senior Director of Education

Cool Culture
    80 Hanson Place
    Brooklyn, NY 11217

718.230.4186 x304
    Website // Facebook // Twitter

pronouns: she/her

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more