Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  American Museum of Women's History Congressional Commission

Posted 09-30-2016 10:21 AM

Museum Community,

The American Museum of Women’s History Congressional Commission will present a report to Congress in November 2016 addressing the threshold question of whether or not a museum dedicated to women’s history in America is needed, and if so, what might be the content, where might the museum be located and how might the museum be financed among other important questions.  The goal of the Commission is to answer these questions in the most inclusive, feasible, and thorough way possible.

The Commission will solicit ideas and input from women of all ages and walks of life, in addition to leading authorities and experts on women’s history, professionals from the museum and curatorial fields, prominent American women, and influential women’s organizations from across the country. If you know of other individuals in the categories mentioned above, please do forward this link to help bring this museum effort to fruition. 

The survey may be found at http://www.womenshistorycommission.org/.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Max Metz
    Durant-Kenrick Manager/ Anne Larner Museum Educator
    Historic Newton - Jackson Homestead & Museum
    Newton MA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: American Museum of Women's History Congressional Commission

Posted 10-03-2016 12:21 PM

Dear Max,

This is such a wonderful idea! I would like to understand a little more about who is spear heading this commission and how did this initiative come about? Is there a consortium of institutions involved?

I am a professor in the Visual Communication Design at the University of Notre Dame and a practicing graphic designer, I would be very interested in looking at the content that the commission would be presenting. Shaping story and content is extremely important specially when the topic is as large as it is currently. Please let me know the best way to get more details on the proposal.

Best,
    Neeta 

Neeta Verma
    Professor
    University Of Notre Dame
    Notre Dame IN

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: American Museum of Women's History Congressional Commission

Posted 10-04-2016 09:33 AM

Neeta,

I am happy to hear you are interested in the project. The best way to find out more is on the website of the commission - http://www.womenshistorycommission.org/. There are links along the top of the page about the movement, legislation, etc. I hope you can find what you are looking for there.

Kind regards,

Max Metz
    Durant-Kenrick Manager/ Anne Larner Museum Educator
    Historic Newton - Jackson Homestead & Museum
    Newton MA