Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  DIGITAL SLIDE VIEWERS

Posted 10-30-2014 08:53 AM

Does anyone know of large format museum-quality digital slide viewers with remotes? Thanks.
    -------------------------------------------
    Lucian Leone
    President
    Leone Design 
    Norwalk CT
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: DIGITAL SLIDE VIEWERS

Posted 10-31-2014 09:53 AM
    Alcorn Mcbride has some "Show Controlers" that sound like they might work. You can even control the show from your smart phone with an app.

Steven Prokopchak
    Associate Producer
    Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
    Williamsburg VA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: DIGITAL SLIDE VIEWERS

Posted 11-02-2014 11:52 AM

Depends on what you are looking for.  We've been very happy with digital photo frames and, when I went on a private tour at the Computer History Museum, the Curator there told me they were the most robust interactives on the floor.  Videotel digital also has some good products you might look into.

Dana Neitzel
    Curator
    San Mateo County Historical Association
    Redwood City CA

• 4.  RE:DIGITAL SLIDE VIEWERS

Posted 11-03-2014 08:29 AM
    We have been using WD media players with various size LCD/LED screens to serve up either slide shows or video.

Edward Pershey PhD
    Director Special Projects and Exhibitions
    Western Reserve Historical Society
    Cleveland OH

• 5.  RE: DIGITAL SLIDE VIEWERS

Posted 11-04-2014 01:58 PM
    I'll second the use of the WD media players - I just installed one running a slideshow hooked up to a projector. Very cost-effective solution.

I've also had good luck using Videotel media players in long-term installations. They are a little pricier (and the remote controls are less responsive) but I've had them running for 3 years in exhibits with minimal attention.

Both of these can output HD (1080p) images/video and they can be set to play/loop automatically whenever they have power, eliminating a few steps during daily startup/shutdown.

Matt Celeskey
    Exhibit Designer
    New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs
    Santa Fe NM