Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Risk/Security Consultants

Posted 09-06-2016 09:54 AM
    Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a company or consultant to come in and conduct a thorough risk assessment (security, safety, etc.) of our institution (the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum).  Does anyone have any recommendations?  We're located in the midwest and would prefer a company near us if possible.

--
    Leora Mattila
    3675 Arboretum Drive
    Chaska, MN  55318
    matti152@umn.edu
    612-301-7722
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Risk/Security Consultants

Posted 09-07-2016 01:31 PM

Hi Leora,

I would suggest that you first look to your insurance broker for assistance. Very often they have resources for these types of assessments and they will provide the services for free. They have a vested interest in your overall risk profile. Ensuring that they are onboard with the assessment and recommendations that may arise out of the assessment, is crucial and if done well can positively impact insurance premiums.This can give you a great baseline to work from and then if you want something more in depth you can look to a private firm or other resource.

Good Luck,

------------------------------
    Kenneth Bennett
    Director of Security
    Dallas Museum of Art
    Dallas TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Risk/Security Consultants

Posted 09-08-2016 09:33 AM

Yes, thank you.  This is exactly where we started and the review was good from a disaster prep standpoint.  We've made changes to the areas they recommended.  Where we felt it fell short was in the area of general security. 

Leora Mattila MBA
    Project Manager
    Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
    Chaska MN

• 4.  RE: Risk/Security Consultants

Posted 09-08-2016 11:12 AM

Did your broker bring in the risk managers from your property and casualty insurer? I worked for a large P&C insurer in a former life, and they had a whole team of people that were willing to address specific client concerns. I'm sure most  companies would be eager to know where you felt additional assessment was needed.

Wendy Lynn
    Director, Benefits and Compensation
    John G. Shedd Aquarium
    Chicago IL