Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Raiser's Edge and Gateway

Posted 08-11-2016 03:43 PM

Hi community!

Does anyone use Gateway and Raiser's Edge for membership sales? We're going to use Gateway at our front desk and most likely on our membership website to sell memberships. I will be working in RE only (we think).

How does this work? At some orgs, I know Gateway "talks" to RE but there's a lag. Also, Gateway only sends limited info to RE.

We will have membership cards with barcodes; I understand Gateway uses its own ID, a 16-digit number?

We're sort of confused as to what is the best way to handle all this. Thanks for your advice!

Shannon Stout

------------------------------
    Shannon Stout

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Raiser's Edge and Gateway

Posted 08-12-2016 01:34 PM
    Shannon--
    We use Galaxy and Raiser's Edge at the History Colorado Center. It can work, but does require a lot of monitoring to make sure that data coming across correctly, particularly from Galaxy into Raiser's Edge.  Galaxy has a product called RE Console that does allow for (somewhat) real time data transfers, but if there are issues on either side of the equation, it can cause issues like the creation of duplicate records.  I would be happy to connect you with our database manager if you have some specific questions for him.   
    Janet

Janet McFarland Burlile
    Vice President of Development and Membership
    History Colorado
    1200 Broadway
    Denver, CO  80203
    W: 303-866-4737
    C:  303-638-4132

Shop Amazon Smile AND SUPPORT HISTORY COLORADO!

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Raiser's Edge and Gateway

Posted 08-12-2016 04:21 PM

It hasn't trickled down yet to the individual state historic sites yet, but the Indiana State Museum uses it.  

Andrea deTarnowsky, Historic Site Manager
    T.C. Steele State Historic Site
    Indiana State Museum & Historic Sites system
    Nashville IN

• 4.  RE: Raiser's Edge and Gateway

Posted 08-15-2016 04:41 PM

Hi Shannon,

The Denver Museum of Nature & Science uses Galaxy for ticketing and RE for membership. We have an app that we built on top of RE to expedite membership enrollment onsite after the sale of the membership has been completed in Galaxy. RE Console gets those members into Galaxy within seconds so we can start recognizing those members right away (we also issue membership cards on the spot). Our web store can process a membership enrollment, renewal, or gift. We use Pass Portal in Galaxy to manage member benefits and we will be transitioning early next year to selling memberships directly in Galaxy. I would be happy to put you in touch with our technology group to fill in some details for you. 

Best,

Stephanie

Stephanie Wood
    Director of Guest Services
    Denver Museum of Nature & Science
    Denver CO

• 5.  RE: Raiser's Edge and Gateway

Posted 08-16-2016 09:44 AM

Thanks everyone for your posts! I'm sure I'll be in touch as we get closer to needing to have this figured out. :-)

Shannon Stout
    Membership Manager
    Museum of the American Revolution
    Philadelphia PA

• 6.  RE: Raiser's Edge and Gateway

Posted 08-17-2016 11:15 AM

Hi Stephanie,

I replied to your message but not in discussion. Hope you got it!

Thanks,

Shannon Stout

Shannon Stout
    Membership Manager
    Museum of the American Revolution
    Philadelphia PA

• 7.  RE: Raiser's Edge and Gateway

Posted 08-16-2016 12:27 PM

Hello Shannon,

We have used Gateway and RE for many years for membership sales. I'd be answer what I can! Please contact me at mkashiwagi@calacademy.org.

Best,

Mindee

Mindee Kashiwagi
    Director Membership
    California Academy of Sciences
    San Francisco CA