Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Past Perfect question

Posted 08-04-2016 08:37 AM

Hello,

We're using Past Perfect to generate deed of gifts and we’re having trouble with dimensions when we run reports . The PP report is giving dimensions with lots of extra zeroes (9.300000000 inches). Do anyone know how to tell it to only give 2 decimal places?

Thanks,

Kristen

------------------------------
    Kristen Evangelista
    Gallery Director
    University Galleries, William Paterson University
    Wayne NJ
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Past Perfect question

Posted 08-05-2016 09:07 AM

Hi,

I am pretty sure you'll need to go into PastPerfect's report section and modify the report manually. If you pay for PastPerfect help, they can pretty much do it for you. If not here is what I think will work:

1) Find the report you need in "Reports"

2) Click on "Modify Selected Layout" from the options on the right side of the page (If you have never modified this particular report before, you may have to click on "Custom Layout 1" before it will let you select this option

3) Open report designer and look for your height and width (and depth if using)

4) Double click on the height expression

5)The top box should read "heightin" (no quotations) and change format to be "999.999" (or however many decimal places you want to see) and make sure the box for "stretch with overflow" is not checked. (Depending which report you are using, you might just be able to do this)

6) Repeat for width box with "widthin"

7) Save changes and you should be done.

I want to make sure to point out that PastPerfect likes to kick us out of the program if we type something incorrect into the expression boxes. If that happens, make sure you have clicked on whichever report you were working with (custom report 1 or 2) and "reset selected layout to standard"

Also, if you record dimensions differently than us (we use inches up to the eighth), then you'll need a different expression. Not quite sure what that would be, but I can probably figure it out if you let me know. 

I really hope this helps!

Katie Steffan
    Milwaukee Contemporary Arts (MiCA)
    Milwaukee WI

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Past Perfect question

Posted 08-05-2016 10:36 AM

Hello - I have found their technical support to be very helpful - you can call or email them even if you have not subscribed to their paid "support package".  

Gurufateh Khalsa
    Manager
    Siri Singh Sahib Corp
    Santa Cruz NM