Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Engaging Caregivers

Posted 06-24-2016 04:01 PM
    Hello,

I was hoping to get some examples of museums that have programs/exhibits/resources that engage caregivers and young children. It can either be programs for the children or aimed at the adults themselves when they have the children with them.  Looking at things that are created for parents, nannies, Grandparents, home childcare providers etc. vs. classroom educators. I know the Toledo Museum of Art and the US Botanic Gardens both have programs with this group in mind.

Thank you so much!
    Sincerely,
    Sarah Erdman
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Engaging Caregivers

Posted 06-27-2016 02:04 PM

Please see our website for details about our "Learning to Look and Listen" programs designed for preschoolers and their caregivers (parent, grandparent et al).  My colleague Ruth Anderson randerson@michenerartmuseum.org teaches these popular weekday intergenerational programs which combine gallery and studio time.  60 minutes in length.  Have fun with your planning!

http://www.michenerartmuseum.org/events/4231474380000/fall-session-learning-to-look-listen-am/

------------------------------
    Melissa Easton-Sandquist
    James A. Michener Art Museum
    Doylestown PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more