Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Seeking Recommendations for FL Small Historic Museum Improvements

Posted 05-05-2016 06:11 PM
      |   view attached

I'm the Director of Operations for the Cornell Art Museum in Delray Beach FL, an small historic museum set in a 1913 historic school house.  The building was converted to a museum in the late 1980's and evolved into a contemporary art museum the last couple of years.  We seek recommendations for quality lighting and designer services (FL or national) to assist with remodel/improvements to current museum industry standards.  Suggestions welcome! 

------------------------------
    Marusca Gatto
    Director of Operations
    Cornell Art Museum at Old School Square
    Delray Beach FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Seeking Recommendations for FL Small Historic Museum Improvements

Posted 05-06-2016 07:37 AM

Hello Marusca,

Are you looking for construction/design recommendations or more exhibit/ content?

best

tania

Tania Batley
    Curator
    Lefferts Historic House

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Seeking Recommendations for FL Small Historic Museum Improvements

Posted 05-06-2016 08:50 AM

Marusca,

I recommend the lighting consultant Available Light in Salem, MA. Founder and owner Steve Rosen is the person to talk to (steven@availablelight.com). He has an attentive staff of 4 to 6 people and several sattelite locations. I have worked with their firm since 1994 and they give the same amount of attention to small museums as well as large museums. 

Regards,

Ed Malouf
    Principal
    Content•Design Collaborative LLC

• 4.  RE: Seeking Recommendations for FL Small Historic Museum Improvements

Posted 05-06-2016 09:15 AM

Hello Marusca-

Our firm, Rockwell Group, is a full service firm that can offer all services, including museum planning, exhibit design, project management and architectural base building design. We usually work with a local Architect of Record, since we are based in New York City, but we are completely hands on. I am a registered Architect and have worked in museum exhibit design for twelve years.  We also have a pretty extensive network of trusted media and lighting designers that we've worked with before, I'd be happy to send the list along.  Feel free to contact me and I can speak with you directly about what you're looking for. 

Jande Wintrob RA AIA

Rockwell Group

212-901-9668

Jande Wintrob RA AIA
    Architect/Designer/Project Manager
    Rockwell Architecture, Planning & Design, PC
    New York NY

• 5.  RE: Seeking Recommendations for FL Small Historic Museum Improvements

Posted 05-06-2016 10:53 AM

HealyKohler Design in Washington, DC has created and refurbished exhibits in many historic buildings. In Florida we did some exhibits in the Government House in St. Augustine, we worked in the Maryland State House and many others. Take a look at our website www.healykohler.com, we'd be happy to assist you.

Karen Jabo

[Karen] Jabo]
    [Business Development]
    [HealyKohler Design]
    [Washington] [DC]

• 6.  RE: Seeking Recommendations for FL Small Historic Museum Improvements

Posted 05-09-2016 12:26 PM

Hello,

I would like to introduce our firm, Auerbach Glasow French, as we are a lighting design firm offering full scope services nationally and internationally.  Please see our website, auerbachconsultants.com, for more information.  I can be reached at 415 392 7528.

Lawrence French
    Principal Auerbach Glasow French
    San Francisco CA

• 7.  RE: Seeking Recommendations for FL Small Historic Museum Improvements

Posted 05-09-2016 03:28 PM

Dear Marusca,

I would be happy to look at an RFP you might issue for this. I would love to do a project in my birth state (W. Palm Beach), my projects cover art museums to historic houses. I am a small, very nimble design practice and can give you competitive estimates. I invite you to visit my exhibit design site: www.markusdohner.com

Many thanks,

Markus

Markus Dohner
    Lead designer
    Markus Dohner Exhibition Design
    md@markusdohner.com
    Chicago, IL USA