Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Print on Demand vendors for an online shop

Posted 03-10-2016 05:02 PM

Hello,

We are working towards opening an online shop, and are looking to make our public domain images available to folks for prints, canvases, mugs, t-shirts etc. We'd like to work with a print on demand service provider to handle production and fulfillment. Hopefully a place a step above Zazzle or CafePress in terms of product quality, but providing that suite of services. Any recommendations?

Many thanks,

Emily Miranker

Project Coordinator

The New York Academy of Medicine Library

New York, NY

------------------------------
    Emily Miranker
    Projects Coordinator
    Museum of the City of New York
    New York NY
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Print on Demand vendors for an online shop

Posted 03-11-2016 10:17 AM

Hello Emily,

Our newly formed company, Art Authority LLC (which is an expansion of the award winning apps being sold through iPhones, iPads and Apple TV, that will soon be free), provides the highest quality on-demand museum branded products ranging from archival reproductions to all the products you mentioned. We also provide the entire e-commerce website for museums that want/need it, whether we integrate into a current Shopify site etc. or create you a site from scratch.

We intentionally formed our company of 5 seasoned museum professionals to solve the myriad of problems faced by institutions to monetize their collections with superior product, technology and e-commerce solutions. But as or if not more important, we also want to respect and serve the missions of these institutions to distribute contextual images and information around permanent collections and exhibitions that accurately tells your and your collection "story" via your museum website and our worldwide apps. 

If you would like any additional information around our services and samples of our products, please contact me at kirsten@artauthority.net.

Kind regards,

Kirsten 

Kirsten Söderlind
    Chief Creative Officer
    Art Authority LLC
    Seattle WA | Ashland OR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Print on Demand vendors for an online shop

Posted 03-15-2016 01:05 PM

I had the American Museum of Natural History in NYC as a client for several years, where I designed marketing collateral, public program mailers, exhibition banners, etc. We created screen printed aprons that I had printed at Epic Litho outside of Philly. As I recall, they offered many other items for imprinting. Contact there is Joe Walsh, joe.walsh@epiclitho.com, (484) 920-3175. Most items you mentioned are printed in the traditional screen-printing method, but you can inquire about on demand services.

Kathy Sobb  kathysobb212@gmail.com

Kathy Sobb

• 4.  RE: Print on Demand vendors for an online shop

Posted 03-17-2016 02:27 PM

Thanks Folks!

Emily Miranker
    Projects Coordinator
    New York Academy of Medicine Library
    New York NY