Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Professional Development Opportunities for Educators

Posted 01-20-2016 03:06 PM

I am currently looking for professional development opportunities for Museum Educators, focusing on museum/school partnerships, program evaluations, outreach programming, etc.  I have tried searching online to find opportunities, to no avail.  If anyone has a "go-to" resource to find such things (conferences, symposiums, webinars, etc.) that is in addition to the wonderful AAM programming, please share!

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Dulcie Hause
    Museum Educator
    The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
    Jacksonville FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Professional Development Opportunities for Educators

Posted 01-21-2016 07:40 AM

If you have a sabbatical option, Florida State University has new graduate programs--M.A. and Ph.D.--in Museum Education and Visitor-Centered Exhibitions. Core coursework includes Museum Education, Art Museum Education, Program Development, Visitor-Centered Exhibitions, and Visitor Studies. For more information, visit our website at Museum Education and Visitor-Centered Exhibitions (MEX)

FSU Department of Art Education remove preview
    Museum Education and Visitor-Centered Exhibitions (MEX)
    Administration of the Program Dr. Pat Villeneuve directs the Arts Administration program in the Department of Art Education at Florida State University. Beginning in Fall of 2014, the Arts Administration program will offer a specialization in Museum Education & Visitor-Centered Exhibitions.
    View this on FSU Department of Art Education >

or contact me at pvilleneuve@fsu.edu.

Pat Villeneuve PhD
    Professor
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee FL

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Professional Development Opportunities for Educators

Posted 01-21-2016 10:37 AM

Hi Dulcie,

Have you looked into CreativeLearningFactory.org?  They offer webinars for museum educators.  There are also some on-line workshops through artmuseums.com that I saw posted on the Museum-Ed listserv. 

While not a "course"  there are weekly Twitter chats on a variety of Museum Ed topics every Thursday from 8-9pm.  Just search on Twitter for #MuseumEdChat and you can also find an archived list of chats (most have a Storify that you can follow) at http://ow.ly/LMwF5

If there's a particular Museum Ed topic you are interested in, Museum Partners Consulting offers workshops for staff, which we could do via Google+ Hangout or Skype - although in-person at your site is usually better for a hands-on, personalized experience.  Be glad to talk more with you about the possibilities.

Best,

Claudia

Claudia Ocello
    President & CEO
    Museum Partners Consulting
    Morristown NJ