Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Annual Fund-Raising: Percentage of Your Revenue

Posted 10-07-2015 04:27 PM
    Edited by David Beard 10-08-2015 10:44 AM

I am looking for some input on what might be considered as a "typical" - subjective, I know - percentage of revenue museums generate from fund raisers as part of their annual revenue.  For my purposes, museums with budgets of between $500K and $1M would be most useful, but institutions with other sized budgets, both larger and smaller, should feel free to chime in.

I would like to know some particulars, such as annual budgets, square footage, number of staff, and anything else you are willing to share with the forum.

We have had some changes in our revenue streams that were thought secure.  In the past, our annual gala usually only raised less than 10% of our operating budget.  This model is clearly not a viable option for the future, so I need some figures to toss at my BOD.  Thanks in advance

------------------------------
    David Beard
    Director
    Museum of the Gulf Coast
    Port Arthur TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Annual Fund-Raising: Percentage of Your Revenue

Posted 10-19-2015 12:16 PM

If you are uncomfortable sharing info. with the Hive Mind, please email me your thoughts.

David Beard
    Director
    Museum of the Gulf Coast
    Port Arthur TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more