Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Survey School Districts

Posted 08-11-2015 03:04 PM

Good afternoon all,

In order to revitalize the education programs within my organization, I want to survey school districts within a certain radius of my location. I feel by knowing what resources school districts have at their disposal, along with how the museum can participate in their curriculum will allow for a better experience on both sides. Has your museum done this and if so, can you share the outline format you used?

Thanks for responses,

Rochelle
    AACA Museum - Antique Auto Club of America
    Hershey PA
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Survey School Districts

Posted 08-12-2015 04:28 PM

Rochelle,

We are involved with a local group that is facilitated by our local arts council called the Culture and Education Alliance. This group is made up of various cultural organizations from our area including museums, arts programs, and science and technology organizations. The goal of the group is to work together to help us all connect with our local educators easier. The Arts Council has been doing survey's of both the schools and the arts/culture organizations to find out needs and available programs and how we can help each other. 

I would recommend checking with your local arts council or similar association/organization to see if a survey has all ready been done!

Leah Murray
    Executive Director
    Shelton McMurphey Johnson House
    Eugene OR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Survey School Districts

Posted 08-13-2015 11:07 AM

Great idea. Thanks

Rochelle Coslow-Robinson
    Exhibit Programs Director
    AACA Museum - Antique Auto Club of America
    Hershey PA

• 4.  RE: Survey School Districts

Posted 08-13-2015 08:03 PM

Hello Rochelle,

I have a survey format we used with teachers recently to ask them about their needs and expectations regarding education services at our zoos as well as pricing (we're launching a new portfolio next month). If you are interested and can read in Spanish, please email me and I'll send it to you. I can also share the results report. 

Farah Ajami
    Executive Director
    Barranquilla Zoo