Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Outdoor sign recommendations for small, historic museum

Posted 07-31-2015 11:34 AM

Hello,

We are looking to upgrade the small chalkboard sign we put out on the sidewalk to advertise our museum and programs to passersby. As we are a small museum and trying not to spend more than $150 and we're fine with something simple - preferably a wooden, two-sided chalkboard where we could custom print our logo and website on one side and leave the other side blank so we can write out custom messages. It would be nice to have something older looking because we are a preserved Victorian-era science museum and want it to fit with our aesthetic. 

I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for custom sandwich board makers? We are in Philadelphia, if that makes a difference. I've been browsing Etsy and there are some custom shops there that look good, but I figured I'd pose the question here too in case there are similar small museums who have done this before.

I am also open to suggestions other than what I've mentioned above - if some other kind of outdoor signage worked for your small, historic museum, I'd love to hear about it! 

Best,
    Cara

------------------------------
    Cara Scharf
    Program and Communications Manager
    Wagner Free Institute of Science
    Philadelphia PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Outdoor sign recommendations for small, historic museum

Posted 08-05-2015 09:49 AM

To add to this request, we are also wondering about chalk markers. Can you recommend a particular brand? Do they wash away in rain?

Thank you.

Sabrina Fecher
    Children's Educator and Outreach Coordinator
    Wagner Free Institute of Science
    Philadelphia PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more