Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hello

Posted 07-22-2015 06:11 PM

Hello, My name is Hallie Winter and I am the new Curator/Director at the Osage Nation Museum in Pawhuska, OK.

I recently moved here from Buffalo, NY where I have spent the past 11 years involved in the wonderful cultural scene there.

I am looking forward to networking with so many professionals in this forum, it is a wonderful tool to have at our fingertips!

Currently this museum has no written policies or procedures and that is one of the first tasks I am undertaking.  I would appreciate it if you all could give me a list of policies that your museum can not live without. I would like to make sure I am not overlooking anything while working on this. A-Z, I'd appreciate any feedback. :)

All the best,

Hallie

------------------------------
    Hallie Winter
    Curator
    Osage Nation Museum
    Pawhuska OK

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Hello

Posted 07-23-2015 09:20 AM

Good morning, Holly, and welcome to the beautiful mid-section of the country. I hope you enjoy your new life in Oklahoma!

I am sure you will get lots of advice here - when we all start breathing again after hearing that there are no written policies at your new digs!

Are the mission statement/vision statement in place? I hope you don't have to start from the very beginning, but those two will need review initially prior to drafting the other major documents you will need.

Good luck, and welcome!

Betsy Deiterman
    Grad Student
    Museum of Texas Tech University
    Lubbock TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Hello

Posted 07-23-2015 09:59 AM

Holly,

A wealth of resources can be found here:

Sample Documents

You museum must be a "tier 3" AAM member for access to this library of over 1000 documents. Well worth the price, and tier 3 membership dues are on a sliding scale - Museum Membership Dues

All the best,

Douglas

Douglas Hegley
    Director of Media & Technology
    Minneapolis Institute of Arts
    Minneapolis MN