Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Permission/Privacy statement for underage users on public kiosk

Posted 06-26-2015 03:29 PM

We are about to launch a kiosk for an upcoming exhibition that will allow users to take a photo of themselves, modify the photo and then send a copy of it to a public Tumblr page that will act as a repository for the images. We are currently using the following copy:

By submitting your photo, you are agreeing for it to be published in the Tumblr photo stream for this app where other users can like, comment, download, and share it through social media. You are also giving Crystal Bridges permission use your photo, with credit, on the Museum’s website, in the Museum, and on Crystal Bridges’ social media accounts.

Does anybody have any experience using a public kiosk in this way? Did you include language that required the user to be above 18?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Philip Richey
    Digital Media Manager
    Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
    Bentonville AR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Permission/Privacy statement for underage users on public kiosk

Posted 06-27-2015 10:42 AM

The New York Public Library has interactive photo kiosks, one of which we use in our exhibitions.  Since the project was developed originally for the library, it assumes that there may be unaccompanied children or young adults.   It can send the image to a screen outside the gallery and to an e-mail.   It also feeds into the Tumblr page but only if there is at least one young adult or adult in the image (i.e. no children alone).  

There is much longer and more lawyerly copy covering all media "now known or hereafter."   I can probably send a copy as screen shot to you (but not the open forum).  

The options are:

___I am over 18 and I agree

___I am under 18

___No thank you

It is hugely popular.  The only problem is that some people enter their names in the e-mail window so they don't receive their e-mails.
    Barbara Cohen-Stratyner PhD
    Curator of Exhibitions
    New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
    New York NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more