Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  GCC Museum Educators

Posted 06-09-2015 12:00 PM

Hello all,

We are in the process of organising a GGC museum educators group.  There will be a meeting in Kuwait 12 - 13 September and I'll be sending out the announcement/invitation this week.  If anyone is interested in being invited, please let me know.  Also, if anyone knows anyone I should invite, please let me know.  We want to include as many relevant people as possible - the more participants, the more potential for supporting, sharing, and learning.

I look forward to hearing from y'all,

Sue

------------------------------
    Susan Day
    Education and Communications Consultant

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: GCC Museum Educators

Posted 06-10-2015 07:25 AM

Hi,

What is GGC/GCC?

Thanks!

Claudia

Claudia Ocello
    President & CEO
    Museum Partners Consulting
    Morristown NJ

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: GCC Museum Educators

Posted 06-10-2015 01:25 PM

Yes, I had the same question Claudia did.  What is GGC?  And what geographical area are you serving?

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Leventon
    Principal
    San Francisco CA

• 4.  RE: GCC Museum Educators

Posted 06-11-2015 07:42 AM

Hi Claudia,

Sorry. It's so easy to slip into shorthand . . . GCC is Gulf Cooperation Council, which is made up of countries on the Arabian Peninsula (Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Oman).  It's become the acronym for the region.

take care,

Sue

Susan Day
    Education and Communications Consultant