Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Online evaluations course

Posted 04-20-2015 09:30 AM
    I am considering utilizing the online resource by IMLS - "Shaping outcome: making a difference in museums and libraries". For those who completed the modules, what did you think about it and how useful was it for you since then?

------------------------------
    Howard McPhail
    Curator
    History Museum of Mobile
    Mobile AL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Online evaluations course

Posted 04-21-2015 06:46 AM
    we do online yearly employ evaluation for the past couple of years and find it easier for the employee's to evaluate themselves and open dialog between manager and employee 

Don Hignite
    Lead Interior ESA
    The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
    Indianapolis IN

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Online evaluations course

Posted 04-21-2015 10:43 AM

Hi Howard,

How were you considering utilizing it? To train staff or yourself?  I believe I was one of the people who took it originally and tested it quite a number of years ago, and I've used it since then as well.  I find it easy to use and the examples are relevant since they are geared to museums/libraries. There are other explanations of Outcome-Based Evaluation available on-line and in print; this one is quite relevant to the museum field.

Claudia

Claudia Ocello
    President & CEO
    Museum Partners Consulting
    Morristown NJ