Open Forum

View Only

MAAM panel - defining diversity

• 1.  MAAM panel - defining diversity

Posted 03-26-2015 12:31 PM

Hello Mid-Atlantic region friends,

And others of course, but this post applies primarily to my neighbors in the mid-Atlantic region who plan on attending MAAM's conference in Philadelphia next October and might be interested in participating in a panel I'd like to propose for the conference. The theme this year is Building Communities: Embracing Diversity in All We Do. I would like to convene a panel about how we define diversity in different organizations and how we can find common ground if our definitions differ from one institution to another. I am looking for people who have been grappling with questions around diversity who are interested in participating on the panel or helping to brainstorm the proposed session. Please feel free to comment here or reach out to my privately, whatever works. I'm interested in a range of different experiences -- successes, failures, challenges, institutions tied to a particular social segment.... 

Time is of the essence - proposals are due April 2. I hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers, 

Gigi

------------------------------
    Gigi Naglak
    Curator of Museum Education
    American Philosophical Society Museum
    Philadelphia PA
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more