Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  North American Reciprocal Museum Alliance

Posted 03-19-2015 03:10 PM

I recently found out about NARM and am curious what people's experiences are with this membership? Do your members like it? Do you see traffic from other members museums?  

------------------------------
    Leah Murray
    Executive Director
    Shelton McMurphey Johnson House
    Eugene OR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: North American Reciprocal Museum Alliance

Posted 03-22-2015 12:29 PM

Hi Leah,

We use NARM at the Rosenbach in Philadelphia and we are happy with it. We offer as part of our membership to our mid-range members and up. So our two most basic levels of membership don't have NARM privileges. We have members that specifically upgrade their membership to get the NARM benefits. So it definitely helps in that way.

As far as how many visitors we get from other museums that use their NARM memberships it isn't many but, we are a small museum. In calendar year 2014 we had about 60 people use NARM memberships.

If I can be of any other help just let me know. 

Alicia Thomas
    Visitor Services Associate
    Rosenbach Museum & Library
    Philadelphia PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: North American Reciprocal Museum Alliance

Posted 03-24-2015 03:02 PM

For our small museum, NARM has been a fantastic way to "upsell" members to the $100 level.  Additionally, our members really enjoy it.  Recently a member said that her and her husband loved that they were able to receive complimentary admission at the DeYoung Museum in San Francisco.

As far as attendance goes, we don't see many visitors as a result of being affiliated with NARM. 

Doug Jenzen
    Executive Director
    Dunes Center
    Guadalupe CA