Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Temporary Exhibit Offer

Posted 02-11-2015 01:59 PM
    I have been asked to seek potential museum hosts for a national touring exhibition on autoimmune disease design by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI).  The content comes from Molly's Fund (www.mollysfund.org/) a Portland Oregon based educational foundation fighting Lupus - a rare disease in girls and women. The exhibition is in development and will travel for five years with an anticipated start date of January 2016. The exhibition is less than 2,000 sq ft panel exhibition with some interactives.

Molly's Fund
     has national media partners who will provide needed visibility to each museum host site. 

If your goal is greater civic engagement with your community; or your anticipating how your museum will implement the changes needed to meet the national needs as defined by AAM's Center for the Future of the Museum - I believe this exhibition is a good why to get your feet wet. Due to the severity of the disease on our target populations of teens and early adults - I also believe this is a good way to develop the next generation of museum-goers. 

---Exhibit Design: OMSI - the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.
    ---Exhibit Fabrication: OMSI 
    ---Exhibit Curriculum (In Planning): OMSI
    ---Exhibit Curator: Molly's Fund - a 501c3 Lupus Education Foundation
    ---Security Level: Low
    ---Exhibit Type: Panel with Interactives
    ---In-kind Local Media Support: $250,000 per community (anticipated)
    ---National Media Partner: I Heart Media 
    ---Loan Duration: 3 to 4 months/city

My goal is to identify a possible site hosts for this exhibition to secure further development funding from private and public donors to bring the project to completion and begin the national tour. 
    Would your museum / cultural center / science center / children's museum / university museum be interested in hosting this exhibition sometime in the next five years? What would you want to see in an exhibit of this nature?
    Please let me know your level of interest so that I can bring the information back to Molly's Fund and shape this exciting opportunity.

SAM
    -------------------------------------------
    Samuel Shogren, MPA., LEAD assoc.
    Former Executive Director, Washington County Museum
    Past President, Maine Museums & Archives 
    -------------------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more