Open Forum

View Only

School field trips to museums

• 1.  School field trips to museums

Posted 12-04-2014 09:06 AM

I write the Museum Questions blog, where I have been exploring school field trips to museums over a series of posts. The guest posts and interviews will wrap up in the next few weeks, and - in early January - I will move on to the analysis phase. Voices represented (nearly 20 so far, and more to come) include museum educators, teachers, researchers, a cognitive psychologist and a policy analyst, and even a student.

Before I move to the analysis phase, I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic, either at http://museumquestions.com/exploration-schools-and-museums or on Museum Junction. Should museums offer field trips? If so, why? What are the costs? What is the benefit to students? How can these visits be most effective?

Of course I invite museum educators to respond, but I also welcome perspectives from museum staff from other departments, and people who would like to address this question from the perspective of a parent.

Thank you,
    Rebecca Herz

-------------------------------------------
    Rebecca Herz
    Independant Consultant
    Peoria IL
    -------------------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more