Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for co-presenters and collaborators

Posted 08-29-2016 08:38 PM

Hello,

I'm an experienced museum professional that started a consulting business this year focused on reinventing the visitor experience. (www.museumplaybook.com)

I'm looking for 2-3 museums that would be willing to partner with me to go through a visitor experience mapping project to identify your key visitor touch points, explore any barriers and develop creative solutions to address them.

As a follow up, I'd like to lead a hands-on workshop at next year's annual meeting to help more museums go through this process to uncover the cross-departmental issues they most need to address - and get their teams on the same page in the process. (NO sales pitch involved in either component.)

Would you be interested in participating as a guinea pig? I would gladly do the work for free in exchange for your case study and participation on the panel to provide some real world examples.

I'd like to find museums that vary in subject matter and size. Buy-in from marketing, visitor services and exhibits will be crucial to success. Bonus points if your development or IT staff wants to participate!

What do you think?

------------------------------
    Despi Ross
    Founder & Lead Strategist
    Museum Playbook
    despi.ross@museumplaybook.com
    Indianapolis, IN

• 2.  RE: Looking for co-presenters and collaborators

Posted 08-30-2016 09:58 AM

Interesting!  This would fit our strategic planning goals.  The cross departmental approach fits our process.  Please consider us a potential participant.  Cheers, Bob

Robert Gutowski
    Director of Education and Visitor Experience
    Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania
    Philadelphia PA

• 3.  RE: Looking for co-presenters and collaborators

Posted 09-02-2016 09:26 PM
    Hello Robert,

Apologies that the panel filled up before we were able to connect. Would you like to continue talking about participating anyway? If you have a need, I would be happy to find a way to make it work.

If you'd like to talk further, send me some dates and times that could work in the next week or two and well chat.

Best,
    Despi

Despi Ross

The Museum Playbook

• 4.  RE: Looking for co-presenters and collaborators

Posted 08-31-2016 01:50 PM

I would be interested, however I am in Texas, and not sure of what range you are looking to travel in...

Christine Hoffman
    Museum Site Manager
    Chappell Hill Historical Society
    Chappell Hill TX

• 5.  RE: Looking for co-presenters and collaborators

Posted 09-02-2016 08:47 PM
    Hello Christine,

Maybe I could provide you with some tools and training remotely? If you're interested, let's find a time to talk. Send me some dates and times in the next week or two that work for you and we'll get something on the books. despi.ross@museumplaybook.com 

Best,
    Despi

Despi Ross

The Museum Playbook

• 6.  RE: Looking for co-presenters and collaborators

Posted 08-31-2016 03:17 PM

Hello, 

Our museum might be interested. It depends on the timeline etc. but I am happy to have a conversation to see if we fit. 

About our museum:

The Bass is Miami Beach’s contemporary art museum. Focusing on exhibitions of international contemporary art, The Bass presents mid-career and established artists reflecting the spirit and international character of Miami Beach. The Bass seeks to expand the interpretation of contemporary art by incorporating disciplines of contemporary culture, such as design, fashion and architecture, into the exhibition program.

It goes without saying that because we are in Miami Beach, we have a very diverse range of visitors. Additionally, we are undergoing a transformation of our interior space so it would be perfect for us to get this type of data.

Let me know if you would like to discuss further.

Kylee Crook
    Director of Education
    Bass Museum of Art
    Miami Beach FL

• 7.  RE: Looking for co-presenters and collaborators

Posted 09-02-2016 08:44 PM
    Hello Kylee,

I have filled my panel, but I would still love to talk with you about participating in this project. Would you send me some times/dates next week that you would be available to talk? despi.ross@museumplaybook.com

Looking forward to it!
    Despi

Despi Ross

The Museum Playbook