Open Forum

View Only

How to post a message for the AAM community?

• 1.  How to post a message for the AAM community?

Posted 01-21-2020 12:16 PM
    Dear AAM, 

I wish to publish a message to discuss with the community, please let me know the best way to do it. 

This is the message I want to post: 

Dear AAM members and Friends,
    I hope this message finds you well...
    The reason I am writing is because my podcast partner and I want to be part of the AAM International Program as a team. We both work with art collections in Colombia, me as a curator and museographer and my coworker Ana as a conservator.
    Our project "A.eRe.Te, el ABC de la cultura" is a podcast in Spanish that we do in order to communicate museums world to everyone. We try to democratize art and museums through our work and make people fall in love with art in many different ways.
    We know that the AAM is granting scholarships to museum professionals and that attempting to get two scholarships could be taken as ambitious but we are a team and we believe in the importance of us traveling together...
    What do you recommend us to do?
    Do you know any other grants or scholarships we can apply to?
    Our plan is to offer a series of podcasts that narrate our experiences and visions of the conference in exchange for the grant. We plan to do them as a memoir work for the annual meeting but also for everyone to have a Spanish version of the conference experience. 
    Also, if any of you is interested or knows someone who could support our project, please do not hesitate in writing to us.
    Our facebook and Instagram accounts are: @a.ere.te  
    To listen to the podcast, you can find us on Spotify, Spreaker, Google Podcast, Apple Podcast and Castbox. 
    Please let me know your ideas and thoughts, we would be very grateful to have them.
    With all my respect for you, my colleagues.

Maritza Arango 
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more