Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Touchscreen Table Pricing Estimates

Posted 05-13-2021 11:22 AM

Good morning all,

We're looking into pricing a large (80") touchscreen table. While the hardware costs are easy to come by, I was curious if anyone would be willing to share the cost of the software, development, and programming of the interactive itself? 

Also, whether this was contracted out or done in-house with expertise from staff (or even something learned for the project).

Thank you!

Best,

Marc

------------------------------
    Marc Levitt MLS
    Archivist
    National Naval Aviation Museum
    NAS Pensacola FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Touchscreen Table Pricing Estimates

Posted 05-17-2021 09:39 AM
    I would be interested in this information as well. I would be particularly interested in know partners (companies) others have used for software applications.

Kimberly Henze
    Special Projects and Database Manager
    Durham Museum
    Omaha NE

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Touchscreen Table Pricing Estimates

Posted 05-18-2021 08:20 AM

Hi Marc

We are an independent interactive development firm and we often develop custom software packages for tables such as these. I think the final quote would be dependent upon content and level of interactivity/technical specifications, so the cost would be a wide range of anywhere from $30/$35,000-$80,000+.

I know it is a wide range, but so much can go into it--content development and writing, asset gathering and management, level of animation and sophistication of style, as well as just how the user or users interface with the table.

I'd be happy to chat off line with you to give you a more detailed quote based on any user requirements you may have.

Best,

Jill

Jillian Domenici
    Principal, Director of Strategy
    Trivium Interactive
    Boston MA