Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Prospect Development

Posted 08-21-2019 03:39 PM
    Hello,

I am new to development and am looking for some help regarding prospect development.  Was wondering what everyone's favorite go-to sources for prospect development are?  Also any tips for a new development professional would also be very helpful.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Robert Fleck
    Development Associate
    Arizona Historical Society
    Tucson AZ
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Prospect Development

Posted 08-22-2019 09:25 AM

Hi Robert,

Prospect Development is a really broad term that encompasses many aspects of a development strategy, including prospect identification and research, relationship and moves management, and sometimes data analytics. Is there some specific aspect you are interested in learning about? I would recommend different sources or tips for prospect identification as opposed to developing a moves management strategy.

Speaking generally, I highly recommend Apra as a resource, the professional organization for those in the prospect development field. An annual membership is about $250, but there are many great free resources on their website: aprahome.org. Their Body Of Knowledge document is an excellent starting place and full of a lot of great information about the "what" and "why" of prospect development, and starts to touch on the "how." It can be purchased by non-members on their website as well.

Juliet Carpenter
    Prospect Researcher
    Wildlife Conservation Society
    Bronx NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more