Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Digital Accessibility Compliance - Museum Publications & ART Gallery's Catalogues

Posted 04-13-2021 08:46 AM

With many museums and art galleries around the country currently closed due to the pandemic and scholars, professors, and students having limited access to physical libraries/museum catalogues. 

I see it's important to digitize the out-of-print publications & make them ADA compliant, in supporting and assisting the art-historical community in its research, teaching, and learning. 

I know, some of the Museums are very well planning & executing the project.  Example: Yale Art Gallery, Yale Center for British Art... etc.,

Does Museums plan on this or allocate budget accordingly?

------------------------------
    ~Geetha Vijayanand
    Director Client Relations
    Burlington MA
    codemantra
    geethavijayanand@codemantra.com
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Digital Accessibility Compliance - Museum Publications & ART Gallery's Catalogues

Posted 04-14-2021 12:42 PM
    Such a good point. Access became very challenging during the pandemic and it continues to be an issue. 

The Marjorie Barrick Museum of Art at UNLV quickly pivoted during the pandemic to continue sharing their collection with scholars, students, etc.

They utilize our online art collection platform at Artwork Archive to share information easily. A few examples: 
    • Students can view exhibitions online without having to step foot in the gallery.
    • The museum created educational resources straight from their permanent collection inventory and sent to professors and scholars from their account. The different formats included Private Rooms, Inventory reports and Portfolio pages (which function as a PDF catalog/packet).
    • They embedded their collection onto their website so that information is easily accessible.
    Happy to share more examples if anyone is interested.

All the best,
    Elysian

--

Elysian McNiff Koglmeier
    (978) 290-2732

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Digital Accessibility Compliance - Museum Publications & ART Gallery's Catalogues

Posted 04-14-2021 07:34 PM
    I have not posted with a new topic before so perhaps would follow the thread as I was asked if any museums have benefitted from cryptocurrency sale of artwork and was it a complicated process? In case there is a consulting firm recommended.  Thank you.

Joyce Lee
    President IndigoJLD
    Philadelphia PA