Media & Technology

Master's Research Project- Johns Hopkins University Museum Studies 

08-18-2020 12:32 PM

To whom it may concern:

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to you today to inquire about your museum's response to the increased need for online content in recent years and specifically related to the COVID-19  pandemic.  I am a Museum Studies graduate student at Johns Hopkins University. I am currently preparing for a research paper relating to my Digital Curation Certificate in addition to my master’s. I am reaching out to you today in hopes that your institution/organization would be willing to participate in an anecdotal interview as part of my research. I intend to investigate the development of online exhibitions and digitization efforts in museums especially in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. I would like to check in throughout the fall semester (August 31st- December 14)  to see how these plans/initiatives progress, and changes that take place as we adapt as a society and a profession. I intend to highlight museums’ creativity in the face of unprecedented times. While I am Detroit based, my goal is to obtain responses from all levels of museum personnel, as well as museums that range in scale, in order to produce a well rounded multi-dimensional picture based on these responses.  I would love to have as much diversity in my research as possible.

I will need to know by September 1st, 2020 if you are willing to participate. 

Please feel free to ask me any questions about my methodology and preliminary research.

Please respond to swilki12@jh.edu

Best,

Samantha Wilkinson

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
5 Downloads
Attachment(s)
docx file
AAM_Musuem Junction Sample Document.docx   7 KB   1 version
Uploaded - 08-18-2020