Media & Technology

El Paso Museum of History's 3-D Digital Wall Celebration 

05-27-2015 12:47 PM

On February 14, 2015, the El Paso Museum of History celebrated the opening of the first 3-D Digital Wall of its kind in the United States, 2nd in the world only to Copenhagen, DK. It is 36' long by 5' high making it the largest in the world. Within two months of opening, the museum had already surpassed its annual attendance numbers. DIGIE, as it is known, is an acronym for Digital Information Gateway In El Paso. DIGIE was funded through a 2012 Quality of Life bond issue. The companion website is www.digie.org.

#EducationandInterpretation #CollectionsStewardship #MarketingandPublicRelations

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
4 Shares
0 Downloads

Comments

08-01-2015 11:56 AM

Hi Erika. Thank you. We are excited to have Digie here and so is the public. School age children from 5 and up use the wall as well as Mini Digie. Mini Digie is a miniature version of 'the wall.' It is 7' long and 6' high. It travels through the city starting at the farthest most districts and spirals in to get every district, so everyone can use it. Children are excited to use it. They love having the ability to touch it, manipulate it themselves, search for items of their interest and participate in uploading data. Currently, I am working with the local school districts in developing Teacher Workshops in developing programming from history, science to technology and English. it is so easy to incorporate into the school curriculum. I would live to speak more to you if you like. You can reach me at knoedlerjm@elpasotexas.gov or 915.351.3588 X7010. Thank you, Jaime Knoedler

07-27-2015 12:00 PM

This is fantastic work. I'm really interested in how and whether school-age children are interacting with this community resource. Are you able to share some examples? I'd be happy to work with on coding them if you are interested. Thanks for sharing this and for taking this step for the museum community.

Related Entries and Links