Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Museum Retail Cabinetry Contractor

Posted 05-17-2018 09:32 AM
    Good morning colleagues,

Lindsay Wildlife Museum (Walnut Creek, CA) has recently completed an Interpretive Master Plan and one of the first capital projects is to re-imagine and enclose its retail space from the rest of its public exhibit floor.  I would like to begin seeking competitive bids for the project, based on the concept drawings, and would be grateful for any recommendations/referrals this group can make with regard to professional contractors specializing in (museum) retail spaces.  Additionally, since this is my first museum retail re-imagination project I've undertaken, I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions/cautionary comments from those of you who have already been through the process.  Thank you, sincerely, for your consultation and advice.  

Respectfully,

Cheryl

Cheryl M. McCormick, Ph.D.

Executive Director

Lindsay Wildlife Experience

925-627-2919 | lindsaywildlife.org |

1931 First Avenue, Walnut Creek 94597

Including Lindsay in your estate plans will ensure that we continue advocacy efforts that protect wildlife and the habitats on which it depends.  

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Museum Retail Cabinetry Contractor

Posted 05-17-2018 11:04 AM
    HI Cheryl,

We currently provide fabrication and installation services for exhibits for Museums Nationally and have worked on most recently the American Indian Museum In DC for the Smithsonian. I just wanted to pass my information along and would like to be included in your 
    sourcing bid opportunities for fabrication. Please see our website and I have attached one of our museum magazines that showcase our work. 

If you would like to discuss with me prior to sending over drawings and plans, please contact me at 917-837-7088. 

Look forward to hearing from you,

Jeanne Tassone

JEANNE TASSONE
    Sr. Account Executive
    Project Management
    Duggal Visual Solutions, Inc.
    Desk: 646-638-7290
    Cell:   917-837-7088
    29 West 23rd  St. NY NY 10010
    United States

Duggal Magazine 2017 Digital Editions:

AIA CES - American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Services Provider 

Where Vision Becomes Visuals, DUGGAL INNOVATION LAB

F.T.P.:      www.filesdirect.com/duggal
    web:        www.Duggal.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email
    This message and the accompanying documents or attachments may 
    contain information which is privileged and/or confidential. If you are
    not the intended recipient, you may not review, discuss, disclose, copy,
    or distribute the contents of this message. If you have received this
    communication in error, please immediately contact me by telephone
    (646-638-7290) and kindly delete all evidence of this correspondence.
    Thank you.

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Museum Retail Cabinetry Contractor

Posted 05-20-2018 09:32 PM

Hello Cheryl,

Over twenty-six years we have been part of the planning process for dozens of museum stores of all types and sizes. In our experience, the most important step is the detailed planning of all aspects of the store so you can solicit apple to apple bids for construction of the space, fabrication of the fixtures and the execution of many other aspects of the store. There are many competent contractors, they don't have to focus on museum stores, all of whom will estimate most accurately and do their best work when the plans for space are detailed properly.

In our case, we have developed a very thorough Function. Layout and Design Checklist to make sure every critical component is considered. A more detailed description of how we do it is at www.museumstoreconsult.com/design

Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Best,

------------------------------
    Andrew Andoniadis
    Museum Store Consultant
    Andoniadis Retail Services
    Andrew@MuseumStoreConsult.com
    (503) 629-9279

• 4.  RE: Museum Retail Cabinetry Contractor

Posted 05-21-2018 11:01 AM
    ​Hi Cheryl,

I agree with Andrew's response. If helpful, one of our retail principals based in the Los Angeles area will be happy to provide you additional input with names of specific contractors she is familiar with after learning more about the size and scope of your retail project. Our retail principal can also project manage the entire or part of the process for you as we did for the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, CA not long ago among many others in California and nationally.

If you would like her contact information please email me and I will be happy to introduce the two of you so you can talk.

Best regards,
    Art

Art Manask
    Principal
    Art Manask Consulting, Inc.
    artmanask@gmail.com
    818 557-0636